Yoga - Exercise Plus More!
As a physical practice, yoga has many benefits for our health and fitness - our strength and flexibility. But the benefits of yoga are not limited to the physical. Yoga’s positive affect is on body, mind and spirit.
Yoga For Our Bodies
Yoga can help with general health:
- Improves flexibility
- Improves strength
- Improves stamina
- Improves respiratory and cardiovascular function
- Relieves stress
- Enhances overall well-being and quality of life
Yoga can also be of benefit for specific injuries and conditions:
- Can help with chronic pain
- Can be one aspect of managing anxiety and depression.
- Can lower blood pressure
- Can improve sleep patterns
- Can assist with management of Type 2 Diabetes
Yoga For Our Minds
Yoga is designed to improve concentration and aims for clarity of thinking. When practicing yoga, we focus on what we are doing physically, and this requires mental focus.
Yoga For The Spirit
When we talk about yoga as being spiritual, we mean that it can help bring meaning to life. Yoga encourages us to live life at the pace that it actually occurs, and to live life fully, whatever that entails. The practice of being present to what we do in a yoga class can carry over to being present to what we do in daily living.